NY Based Production company looking for Assistant Editors to work on a variety of upcoming new series and pilots. Genres include but are not limited to: Reality, Docu-series, Home Makeover, Lifestyle, Food and Travel programming.
Ideal candidate will have the following:
- Availability to work weekends as needed
- Extensive knowledge of AVID Isis and AVID Media Composer post production workflows used on Mac
- The ability to learn new software quickly and follow written instructions
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask, communicate and relay progress and tech issues to upper management and Post Producers
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
o Main responsibility is to assist Post Production team with material for edit.
o This includes but is not limited to:
o Loading, Offloading media, Importing media & GFX
o Syncing, Grouping
o Cutdowns and scene selects
o Music selects and organization within the project
o Project maintenance (ie: space allocation, AVID unity attic, project cleanup)
o Hires sequence and Online prep
o Prep, hires and deliver Promo selects to network per Post Supervisor
o EDL, OMF/AAF, Color Correct and other Online prep
o RC, FC, Pic Lock, Online Exports and prep
o Works closely with Editors to make editing efficient and organized for entire Editorial team.
o Deliverables materials and Transcriber materials prepped as needed
o Advanced AE duties may include:
o Cutting scene or web content
o String out opens/teases
o Rescore music
o Other duties as assigned
Please send references upon applying for this position.